All over the Internet there is a buzz about the new ASUS EeePC 900. I was able to get my hands on one and give it a try. While the laptop has some fantastic features there is one misrepresented feature that makes the whole thing very sour. First I’m going to tell you the 8 top reasons that make this laptop great. Watch my video below for detailed information about this laptop. I have also put links below for pricing and where you can get this laptop.
- It has an awesome 8.5 screen which looks fantastic for a device this small
- It supports Linux or Windows XP Professional.
- Wireless 54G card and built in 10/100 network card are standard
- 1.3 Megapixel camera and microphone are also standard (great for video conferencing)
- 3 USB 2.0 Ports allows this computer to be very functional.
- Size and Weight are very good. It actually weighs about 2.2 lbs.
- Very portable, you can take it anywhere.
- Comes with a 1.3 megapixel camera and microphone built in – Great for video conferencing and creating videos on the fly.
- The mouse buttons on the laptop completely suck, they are very hard to Click on.
- The Hard drive advertised is a 20 Gigabyte Solid State Drive, this is not true. What you get is actually a 4 Gig Drive and a 16 Gig Drive. 2 completely separate hard drives and to make the whole thing worse, windows is installed by default in the 4 Gig drive which you will soon find yourself running out of space. The 4 Gig drive also performs faster than the 16 Gig drive. If you format the whole thing and install the operating system on the 16 Gig instead and boot from that, you will find a sluggish experience and things take very long to respond and work. They work fine on the 4 Gig drive which is faster.
It is my assumption and I’m sure yours will be the same that when something is advertised that it comes with a 20 Gig drive, then a 20 Gig drive is what should be there, not 2 separate drives with different response times. This is also the same for the 12 Gig Eeepc.
- Internal memory: 20 GB solid state disk – This is not true see video for more info
- Memory expansion: Slot for MMC/SD(SDHC) cards
- RAM: 1 GB DDR2
- Processor: 900 MHz Intel Mobile CPU
- Operating system: Linux (supports Windows XP)
- LCD: 8.9 inches, 1024 x 600 pixels
- Networking: 54g Wi-Fi (802.11b/g), 10/100 Fast Ethernet
- Peripheral connectivity: Three USB 2.0
- External video: One VGA
- External audio: One headphone and one microphone port
- Webcamera: Yes, 1.3 megapixels
- Battery life: up to 3.5 hours
- Weight: 2 pounds (32 ounces)
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 6.7 x 1.33 inches
Links where you can buy:
20 thoughts on “ASUS Eee PC 900 Review”
This tiny little thing fits into my coat pocket 🙂
Yes it sure does. I checked out your site http://www.eeehacks.com and I think you have some really good content on the Eeepc. I hope my readers see this and check it out.
I will mention your site on my next video. Thanks.
my 900 16g only gets 32mb/sec dirve IO, all kinds of slow. I called Asus and they dont recognize this as a problem but still gave me an RMA to send it back??????
i love the Asus Eee PC, it is very light, cheap and portable. I also bought another unit for my girlfriend and she really likes it.
So true, with so much to stay on top of though how do you balnce it all?
Very good post I enjoy your site keep up the good blog posts
I kind of love the Asus Eee PC because it is very small and very light. I have an Acer Laptop and it is really a big burden on my small shoulders ~
I have been to your site before. It’s Outstanding! IMO you have a informative port
Another good thing about the Asus Eee pc is that it does not overheat when used over long periods of time. .~
Video Conferencing is really a very convenient and very fast way in keeping in touch with your business partners.-*’
I found your blog online and read a few of your additional articles. I just added you to my Google News Reader. Maintain the nice work. Anticipate reading more of your stuff in the future.
I finally added your website. I invariably find great material and remarks.
I trust you but it surely about to help number of people.
Video Confering is nice because you do not need to leave the comforts of your office just to attend an important meeting’*~
Hey all, i want to share with you a brand new method to making money online that is HUGE and very easy to make money. It’s Mobile Marketing. There are more than 5 billion mobile phones in the world and just over 1.8 billion people use the internet. This website give you great details information on how you can get into Mobile Marketing and get a slice of your share. I personally made just over $1100 with this system just YESTERDAY! and on average make $500-$1200 per day. It’s very easy and anyone can do it. Take a quick look at their video for more info, some really good stuff guys. Mobile Monopoly
i always love to do videoconferencing because it is quite convenient:.”
i always love to do videoconferencing because it is quite convenient.,-
i alway attend video conferencing at least once a week because of our company meetings and leadership training-~’
When I open up your RSS feed it puts up a ton of garbled text, is the deal on my end?
I believe this is actually probably the most essential information personally. And i also’m pleased studying the article. Yet should comment on couple of general things, The web site type is ideal, the articles is absolutely outstanding : Deb. Excellent job, regards