Today the iPhone Dev Team released new information that will be a blessing to the ears of all iphone users especially the ones that have the iphone unlocked. A new version of Quickpwn will be available to jailbreak the iphone as well as a new version of Yellowsn0w named Ultrasn0w which will allow you to unlock the iphone once it is upgraded to version 3.0.
This will all be released by Friday June 19 2009 which coincidently is the day the iphone 3Gs is being released. For you guys that want to upgrade to version 3.0 you will be able to jailbreak it and unlock it. According to the information the unlocking will only work on 3G iphones and not 3Gs. That might change when the software is released.
The quickpwn software will work on all devices, iPod Touch, iPod Touch 2, iPhone first generation, and 3G iphone. Not sure if it will work on the 3Gs, the current information is that the 3Gs cannot jailbroken for now or unlocked. But as we all know, nothing is impossible.
Check out the video below which has information about the new Ultrasn0w. I will be updating this post with the links to download the Quickpwn program as soon as it is released. Start the video at about 2 minutes which is when the information starts.
PwnageTool 3.0 to Jailbreak iPhone 3G 3.0 On Mac OS X RELEASED BY DEVTEAM
Quickpwn has not been released but the PwnageTool 3.0 has, unfortunately this version is only for the macs. It will allow you to create a custom .ipsw file that you can then use to restore the iphone. Once it is restored it will be jailbroken and the baseband will be unlocked.
The Pwnage tool will work on the following devices (Ipod Touch 2G, Ipod Touch 1st Generation, Iphone 1st Generation, and finally the Iphone 3G) This will not work on the iphone 3GS. Below is the download links to the PwnageTool 3.0 for mac.
WINDOWS USERS (JAILBREAK IPHONE 3.0 SOLUTION)
For all of you that are using windows and are waiting to Jailbreak your 3G iphone the wait is over. Since Quickpwn 3.0 has not been released, below is a link to a custom .ipsw 3.0 file that you can use to restore your iphone. Once it is restored with this version it will be jailbroken.
To restore using this file, simply follow the instructions below. Please keep in mind that this is for iphones that are connected with a carrier and not unlocked iphones. You will need to activate it. Once the Quickpwn 3.0 comes out then you can also unlock it.
1. Download the iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Custom_Restore.ipsw file and save it to your desktop
2. Connect your iphone to your computer and open itunes. Make sure you have the latest version 8.2 of itunes
3. While holding down the Shift Key on your keyboard, click the restore button in itunes, this will bring up a popup window
4. From the popup window look in your desktop for the iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Custom_Restore.ipsw file, click on it and choose open.
5. iTunes will now start the restore process, be patient since this process takes about 15 minutes or so.
6. Once it is completed it will boot up. Your iphone is now jailbroken.
DOWNLOAD LINK: iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Custom_Restore.ipsw