If you have received an e-mail with an attachment winmail.dat or any .dat extension, you probably have not been able to open it since windows does not know what program to use with this extension.
I found this great little free utility that will read .dat files and show you what are the attachments in them. You see .dat files can contain videos, pictures, word documents, and many other types of attachments. Below I put the link so you can download the winmail utility that will help you with this problem.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mmezyyymlmi/winmail_opener.exe
Winmail Opener is a small and simple utility that allows you to view and extract contents of TNEF-encoded messages (infamous winmail.dat). That means if you receive winmail.dat on your e-mail, with Winmail Opener you can view the rich text message contents and attachments embedded into this file.
You may receive winmail.dat files from the senders who are using Microsoft Outlook (97, 2000). Winmail.dat contains all attachments and rich text message, and not all e-mail clients can recognize its format. Winmail Opener is the solution.
Winmail Opener features
- Winmail Opener is absolutely free – no nag screens, no ads, no spyware, no time limit.
- Supports RTF message text extraction.
- You can drag-and-drop TNEF-encoded files into Winmail Opener for opening them.
- You can drag-and-drop decoded attachments from Winmail Opener to any location for saving them.
- Allows to operate with embedded attachments via standard system popup menu (Open, Open with, Copy, etc.)
- Supports command line mode for batch decoding.
- Multilingual interface.
- The executable has small size and low system requirements.